Higher Education Loan


Full time Education Learners

If you start a full time HE course at SGS College you may be eligible for a tuition fee loan, a maintenance loan and a maintenance grant via Student Finance England. For more information about what you may be entitled to and how to apply visit their website Directgov.

If you have dependent children you may also be eligible for other help such as a parent’s learning allowance or a child care grant.If you are disabled you may be eligible for a Disabled Student’s Allowance.

Access to Learning Fund(ALF)

The college also has a small means tested hardship scheme called the Access to Learning Fund. If your access to Higher Education is affected by financial considerations then we may be able to help. Application forms are available from Learner Services after you have started your course.

Part time Higher Education Learners

If you are studying on a part time HE course you may be eligible for a fee grant and a small course grant depending on the size of your household income.

For more details about this scheme see Directgov website.

Disabled Students' allowance

If you face extra costs because you have a disability then you may be able to get help from the Disabled Students’ Allowance scheme.For further information see Directgov website.

Contact Us

Our Financial Advisors are located at:

  • Filton Campus
    Learner Services Office CG11
    T: 0117 909 2297
  • Stroud Campus
    Learner Services Office Ground Floor
    T: 01453 761185/761119
  • WISE Campus:
    Learner Services Office G32
  • Queens Road:
    Main Reception 0117 973 6259